In order to have a lease recorded with the Association, the leasee of the horse must be a financial member of the Association.
NB: For an Amateur and Youth Showing leases refer to Section Three of the Rule Book,
Download the Notification of Lease form - Registry Forms.
- A Lease Notification form must be lodged and signed by both the Lessor and the Leasee and lodged with the AQHA before the Leasee has rights to the horse.
- The Leasee of the horse is, for Association purposes, deemed to be the owner of the horse for the period of the lease.
- The Lease Notification form must specify that the Leasee can show and/or breed the horse for a minimum of twelve (12) months and no more than two (2) years at which time a new Lease Notification form must be lodged.
- The Association recommends that there is a contract between both parties, that is signed by both the Lessor and the Leasee, that outlines all conditions of the lease.
- Notification, in writing, stating that a lease has been cancelled must be signed by the Lessor and the Leasee.
- The Association may refuse any Notification of a Lease without assigning a reason.